Malnutrition is a serious senior health issue. The most recent report, released in 2020 using 2018 data, found that 5.3 million seniors, or 7.3% of the senior population, were food insecure in 2018.
Malnutrition in older adults can lead to a host of various health concerns, including:
- A weak immune system, which increases a senior’s risk of infection
- Poor wound healing
- Muscle weakness and decreased bone mass, which may lead to more falls and fractures
- A higher risk of hospitalization
- An increased risk of early death
There are a number of factors that may contribute to senior malnutrition. These include:
- Normal age-related changes
- Impairment in the ability to eat
- Restricted diets
- Limited income
- Reduced social contact
- Limited access to food
As a provider of professional Home Care in Wilmington, Delaware, we at Greater Works Companion Care, LLC care deeply about each of our patient’s wellbeing and health.
Which is why all our caregivers are skilled and equipped to provide the best quality Companion Care in Delaware, to ensure that all our clients get the assistance and care they need to live healthy and robust lives.
If your loved ones need reliable Personal Care at home, you know who to call — 302-384-7861.
Leave a Reply