For a variety of causes, eye health declines as we age. A large percentage of older people have cataracts or age-related macular degeneration. If left untreated, these illnesses can cause blindness and visual loss. You may prevent health issues by making dietary modifications and getting regular eye exams. Having companion care in Delaware can help seniors keep up with their regular eye exams.
Your whole physical and emotional health may be impacted by your eye health. With proper eye surgery, many falls and slips that older people encounter might be prevented. If seniors with visual impairments seek expert help, they may be able to regain function and independence. Here are some suggestions for maintaining the health of your eyes as you age:
- Always use sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sun’s UV radiation.
- Have a 30-minute pause to read. This will ease eye strain and relieve eye tiredness.
- Monitor your blood pressure. High blood pressure may damage the blood vessels in your eyes. You can benefit from our personal care services by closely monitoring your blood pressure.
- Regularly roll and swing them from side to side.
- Visit an eye doctor frequently.
If you are looking for dependable home care in Wilmington, Delaware, we at Greater Works Companion Care, LLC offer services that are personalized to meet the needs of each client. We ensure that you always live dignified lives at home.