Incontinence is a common condition and happens to people from all walks of life. This happens when there are problems with the muscles and nerves that help the bladder hold or release urine.
Patients who suffer from urinary incontinence may experience the leaking of urine when coughing or sneezing. If you or your loved one is living with incontinence, then we suggest looking into Home Care in Wilmington, Delaware.
There are five basic types of incontinence that we at Greater Works Companion Care, LLC think you should learn about. Take a look:
- Stress incontinence – this causes the patient to leak urine when they sneeze, laugh, lift heavy objects, exercise, or do anything that may put pressure on their bladder.
- Urge incontinence – also known as overactive bladder (OAB). this is when the patient leaks urine after feeling a sudden, strong urge to go. A dry form of AOB is when you get the urge to go even if your bladder is empty.Patients who have urge incontinence can benefit from Companion Care in Delaware. Having someone to help you get to the toilet with little to no “accidents” is only one of the many benefits this option has.
- Mixed incontinence – This is more common among women. Mixed incontinence is a combination of both stress and urges incontinence.
- Overflow incontinence – This is when you have trouble emptying your bladder completely, so you may leak uring once your bladder gets full. This is more common among men.
- Functional incontinence – This happens when a medical condition, such as arthritis, keeps you from getting to the toilet in time.